Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions
I have two vintage shotguns, and I need a good estimate on
I have two vintage shotguns, and I need a good estimate on the values. One is a Sears & Roebuck side-by-side. Very simple. Like a goose gun. Probably 1940s, but no later than the 1950s vintage. The ot… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Out of curiosity: If I took a 2 shot 12 gauge 3" shotgun
Out of curiosity: If I took a 2 shot 12 gauge 3" shotgun shell,and cut the end off and discarded all the pellets then re-packed the shell -Can I assume that it would be good only as a starter type fir… read more
Dr. Knowledge
Dr. Knowledge
Value of a Winchester M 9422 in 22LR LAPD father son
Value of a Winchester M 9422 in 22LR LAPD father son edition. … read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have a Western Auto Revelation 22 cal. 9 shot revolver in
I have a Western Auto Revelation 22 cal. 9 shot revolver in the orginal box It is a Model 99 - finish is blue - bbl length 6 high standard Purchased in 1975. It was my fathers and he passed recently s… read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
Mauser 7.65 HSF Eagle symbol Proof 135 Serial # 760717 Rim
Mauser 7.65 HSF Eagle symbol Proof 135 Serial # 760717 Rim fire excellent condition … read more
Dr. Knowledge
Dr. Knowledge
I want to get a revolver south paw I know the crimson trace
I want to get a carter revolver south paw I know the crimson trace right handed will fit but cannot speed load Is there another laser product that will fit that gun ?… read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
I am simply looking to know what year my 12 gauge modified
I am simply looking to know what year my 12 gauge modified dianna gun was made. It says modified dianna on one barrel and compressed steell on the other. Also marked with c9. It still works well as ma… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
Appraisal request on a double barreled rifle. I'm told it
Appraisal request on a double barreled rifle. I'm told it was owned by Ernest Hemingway. The barrel says "ERNEST PAPA HEMINGWAY" and "THE OPS MURCOTTS PATENT. 6S HAYMARKET. LONDON." On either side of … read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
I own a Colt double action revolver; black Colt grips, 4"
Hi. I own a Colt double action revolver; black Colt grips, 4" barrel. Serial number 63817. "Pat September 19, 1871". I had a cartridge box but I'll have to look for it. Not cure what the caliber is; m… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
What is the ballpark value of a black powder pistol .address
What is the ballpark value of a black powder pistol .address col.saml colt newyork u.s amerìca serial .number 49630.… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
I have an antique muzzle loading percussion (I believe) shotgun.
I have an antique muzzle loading percussion (I believe) shotgun. I know that there is absolutely no stamps of any kind on it except for Allen on the top of the barrel and 24d on the left side of the b… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
My Cashmore 12ga side by side hammer less has had a lot of
My Cashmore 12ga side by side hammer less has had a lot of use and some damage. The stock has been broken and repaired - ugly! The wood work is oil soaked and very dark. The cross hatch nurling is alm… read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
thanks for your answer about the colt national match.i dont
thanks for your answer about the colt national match.i don't know how to grade them,but its in great shape.my concerns are of the grips and rear sights, im not sure they are original..i bought three c… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
I am trying to find out the origin of the following handgun
I am trying to find out the origin of the following handgun and what it is exactly: It is a single shot, break over barrel, hammer fire with a flip breech? to load the gun. The barrel is approximately… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
My family has a Remington 660-1 with case and a 4x Banner Buschnell
My family has a Remington 660-1 with case and a 4x Banner Buschnell scope. The rifle is in near pristine condition. They also have a Sears Model 14 in case (all could see on it). It is also in near pr… read more
dear sir I have A 1918 L.c.smith trap grade 12G side by side
dear sir I have A 1918 L.c.smith trap grade 12G side by side full on full serial no. 360273R hunter arms co. mfrs fulton ny double trigger on the side of the gun we have engravings of two fesants or q… read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
first, thanks for answering my onslaught of questions! I
first, thanks for answering my onslaught of questions! I inherited an 1886 Winchester,45-70, from father-in-law. Serial number 139xxx makes it a 1906, with 24 or 25 inch octagon barrel, holds 17 round… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have a Colt Civil War era Revolver with Serial number 113041
I have a Colt Civil War era Revolver with Serial number 113041 and would like the age and whether it is an Army or Navy model and Aprox value… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave