Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a Browning A5 Light Gold Trigger s/n 13171. It was my…

Customer Question
I have a Browning A5...
I have a Browning A5 Light Gold Trigger s/n 13171. It was my Dads gun and it’s been sitting around for some time. The wood is in good condition but the receiver is pitted. You can still see the engraving but it needs some work. Any thoughts on what it might be worth? I would also be interested in getting a name of someone who could recondition it if have anything. Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
5/25/2018
Firearms Expert: Jon, Consultant replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Consultant

My name is Jon. Give me just a few moments to type up your answer.

My name is Jon. I am happy to help with your question today.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read this:

Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question.

If have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

Here are the values for your Browning A5 Light

Values below are listed by condition.

Browning A5 Light

Excellent:------$900

Very Good:-----$650

Good:----------$550

Fair:------------$450

There is a gun shop called Art's gun shop that specializes in the restoration of Browning Shotguns. Here is a link to his website:

http://www.artsgunshop.com/

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR JON" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Thank you,

Jon
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating (This is the only way we are compensated for our work) I would greatly appreciate it.
.