Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have 3 shotguns. I have 3 shotguns, one is an Iver 410, i…

I have 3 shotguns ...

I have 3 shotguns

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I have 3 shotguns, one is an Iver Johnson 410 , i think the serial number is5337XI, the second is a winchester model12-20 Guage 2 3/4 Full chose with a poly choke, there are lots of dates on the barrel starting in 1896 and the mist recent date is July 22, 1913 if that means anything and the third gun is a LC Smith Stub twist, Im told that its known as a Damascus twist style barrel.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

I don't think so.

5/18/2018
Jon
Jon, Consultant

Hi, my name is Jon. I am a firearms expert here at Just Answer. I will do my best to help you today. I have a few questions that will help me identify exactly what you have.

1. Is the Iver Johnson a single shot?

2. Can you please tell me the serial number of the Winchester Model 12?

3. Does the Winchester model 12 have a barrel rib on the top of the barrel? If so is it solid of vented?

4. Can you tell me if the L.C. Smith has any engraving and what gauge it is?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Jon

Jon
Jon, Consultant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. single shot. 2. 597249. 3.Yes, the rib is solid. 4. No engraving on the metal parts of the gun, but some detail work on the stock. 12 gauge and I thought I'd include what I think is the serial number-11473 which is found on the metal that wraps around the two triggers.
Phone call session started

My name is Jon. I am happy to help with your question today.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read this:

Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question.

If have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

Here are the values for your firearms

Values below are listed by condition. The prices listed are retail prices. You can usually expect 25%-30% less than retail when selling to a gun shop or re-seller. Private party buyers and collectors usually pay prices closer to the retail value.

Iver Johnson .410 single shot

Excellent:------$250

Very Good:-----$200

Good:----------$150

Fair:------------$75

Poor: ----------$25

Winchester Model 12- 20 gauge

Excellent:------$850

Very Good:-----$700

Good:----------$600

Fair:------------$500

Poor: ----------$250

LC Smith Double Hammer Damascus twist

This one is interesting. This appears to be a bit earlier than I had thought. Unfortunately no serial number info is available prior to 1890. Here is a value estimate below.

Excellent:------$1,200

Very Good:-----$900

Good:----------$700

Fair:------------$500

Poor: ----------$250

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR JON" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Thank you,

Jon
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating (This is the only way we are compensated for our work) I would greatly appreciate it.
.