Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Need a price on a Parker Bros 12 gauge double barrel

shotgun. Made May 7 -...
Need a price on a Parker Bros 12 gauge double barrel shotgun. Made May 7 - Oct 8, 1899. Grade 'G'
Shell ejector. Damascus Steel
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good condition
5/8/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

I can help with the value....can you please give me the serial number for the appraisal?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that the 2-112886?

The 112886 may be correct....not sure what the 2- is though...do you have a photo of the serial number that you can post here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I can’t figure out how to get it on here
Do you see something that says to add files?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
clicked on it.... found photo (although it’s not showing serial number) but isn’t bringing pic onto this site
The photo needs to be a photo that is saved on your computer that you are posting on our website. Is that what you were doing?
Okay well if you are sure that it is a G grade, I can give you the value for that. The serial number was really just to determine the date of manufacture. If we're not sure of what that number is ***** can still give you an appraisal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my friend found the grade ‘G’ inside the gun barrel. I just sent you 3 pics of gun the e-addy on Link you sent. Did u get them?

No, you can't send them to an email address. They would have to be posted here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, can I please still get an appraisal?

Sure. Just need a few minutes to type it all up....be back shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay

OK, the G grade is not listed in my pricing info. I will have to do some research to come up with a better handle on value. That may take me a bit longer....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Alright. I’ll wait. Thank you.

Looking at the original finish on the gun, what percentage would you say remains?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
60-75%

OK, thank you. Well, with this appraisal being "sight unseen", of course, I think that a G quality Parker shotgun with ejectors, in about 60-75% condition, would be valued at approximately $6,000 to $8,000. I would highly suggest an in-person appraisal by a firearms appraiser, just to be certain of condition. If you are considering putting the gun up for auction, I would suggest Rock Island Auctions. They are the best.

Need anything else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the auction suggestion. No, that’s all for now. God bless you!!
Great! I hope that this has been helpful to you! If you don't need anything further from me, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars near the top of your Just Answer screen. That will then complete our session. If you need more info, please feel free to reply back - - Jim
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, I’m wondering if I can get an estimated value on a Marlin 12 gauge pump action shotgun. On bottom of trigger area is says ‘1889’
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would say it’s on fair condition
I can certainly help with this, but the Just Answer website will require that you begin a new question. If you want me specifically to handle it, just put " for Jim only" in the title.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For ‘Jim’ only ....we you please give me an estimated value on a Marlin 12 gauge pump action shotgun. On bottom of trigger lever says 1889. Gun in fair condition
Hi...you are replying within the original question. You'll have to go to Just answer.com and start from there.