Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a double barrel Baikal 12 Ga that I want to sell. The…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a double barrel Baikal 12 Ga that I want to sell

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

The serial number is: 1ZH-43E-10, Baikal, Russia and it has enclosed hammers

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

I used it about 30 times through the years to kill muskrats from my balcony :)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
4/3/2018
Firearms Expert: Bill, Gunsmith replied 4 months ago
Bill
Bill, Gunsmith

Hi, My name is***** would be happy to help you.

How long are the barrels and does it have a single or double trigger?

Any engraving on the receiver?

Thank you,

Bill

26 1/2" Barrels. Single Trigger. Engraving.

Thank you for that info.

Here is some info and the current Blue Book values:

IZH-43E-10 TRADITIONAL HUNTING MODEL: The E-10 variation is the engraved model of the IZH-43 with some upgrades.

12, 16, 20, 28 ga., or .410 bore, Anson & Deeley style boxlock action with monobloc, SST, 24, 26, or 28 in. barrels with or w/o (28 ga. and .410 bore) choke tubes, checkered walnut stock and forearm, approx. 7 lbs. Imported 1999-2004.

100%: $340

98%: $295

95%: $255

90%: $230

If there are little or no blemishes on the stocks and the bluing is not worn off anywhere, then it will be in the 95-98% grading. Keep in mind that these are dealer prices and market value can be up to 15% higher. Shooting it does not in itself discount the grading, as long as you have kept the barrel clean and oiled inside.

I hope this helps. If there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask please.

Thank you,

Bill

Thank you for your time. Now I have to try to sell it.

A good way to sell it is to sell it online a place like gunbroker.com. They allow you to have a minimum bid so you can't loose any money on the value. They only charge you 1% of the selling price. The shipping is paid for in advance by the buyer.

Thank you,

Bill

Thank you, ***** ***** had no idea where I could sell it. Lance

No problem Lance. The best of luck to you.

Thanks,

Bill