Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a Remington Arms Union Mettalic Cartridge company…

Customer Question
I have a Remington...

I have a Remington Arms Union Mettalic Cartridge company Remington 22 Autoloading Pat March 10,1914 RB 3286 i was just wondering if it's worth anything beside fun

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I was wondering if there is any value to it?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

Not in great condition but works fine

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
3/27/2018
Firearms Expert: Tom, Associate Degree replied 2 months ago
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree

Do you know what the Model number is? Is the stock checkered or plain?

Tom

Plain stock where would model number be

It is usually on the barrel near the Remington name and address. It can also be on the side of the receiver. If it isn't there, the caliber should be marked on the barrel. Is it 22 Rem. or 22 S or LR?

Tom

The barrel length will help also, 19" or 22"?

Tom

I will check when back home but think 22 rem autoloader

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Remington Model/configuration – Model 16, 22" Barrel chambered for 22 Remington Finish (Assuming original) –Walnut Stock with Blued metal. Serial Number – mfg. circa .Unknown 17,738 produced between 1914 and 1928 Additional Information –Tube magazine in Buttstock The 22 Remington Auto ammunition was never used in any gun except the model 16. Other 22 rim fire ammunition is not compatible with this gun Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System – Fair to good per customer Estimated Value Range – 80% condition - $575 70% - $325 60% - $275Condition is based on original finish left along with mechanical condition. I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes. Tom
the serial number is ***** and it is a 22 inch barrel and says 22 remington autoloading Thank you

The info I gave is correct for your gun. Thee are not many of them around, in 20 years of repairing guns I have only seen 2.

Tom