Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Looking to appraise a Remington 1100. Like new. Engraved…

Looking to appraise a...

Looking to appraise a Remington 1100. Like new. Engraved with scrollwork. Found in my deceased father's basement. TY

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Standard size 12 gauge. Stock is engraved. White stripe around the butt. Been told it is a special edition. Barrel is engraved with flourish scrollwork.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

I think that is it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have photos of the stock and barrel.
3/23/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Ok, I can certainly help with this. Let me review the photos and I'll research the info. I'll be back when I have the details.....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. It is unblemished and in perfect condition. I know my father didn't buy it so it either came from his father or a friend when they died. My father was a Doctor and wouldn't dream of shooting a gun.

Can you check the left side of the barrel for me, near the receiver for a letter code? Possibly 2 or 3 letters?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am at work but I am having someone look now.

OK, thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm being told the stock is plastic. The letters and numbers: AD 89

OK, thank you. I don't see how the stock could be plastic. It certainly looks like wood in that one photo.

I don't think that the AD 89 is what I am looking for, but I'm working on it.

Do you happen to have a photo of that AD 89 marking?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I will get one tonight. Apologies for not having the gun in my hands when I contacted you. I am sorry if I am wasting your time. Husband has the gun and is old-school with a flip phone and no photo ability in his phone. More info tonight if you are still interested. Otherwise I can just make sure you get paid with a positive review.

Not a waste of time at all. You take all the time you need. I'll be around whenever you get the photo. :)

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Will do. Thx.

You said that this is a 12 gauge? Can you tell me that serial number on the side? Its hard to see in the photo.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Good morning! N813332 V

Good morning, and thank you. I'm working on your info now....

Thank you for your patience.....

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Remington

Model/configuration – Model 1100 Field, 12 gauge

Serial number - N813332V

Year of manufacture - March, 1983

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $395

Mint condition --------98% condition - $350

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $295

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $260

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $230

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $200

Good condition--------------60% condition - $175

.

I hope that this info has been helpful to you! If you don't need anything further, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars located at the top of your Just Answer screen. That will then complete our session.

.

Thanks!

Jim

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2018 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you!

My pleasure! You should see the star rating system on your screen now. Once you complete that rating, our session will be complete.

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor