Jon
Jon, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Gunsmith, Certified Police Firearms Instructor, Concealed Carry Instructor, Journeyman Machinist and Firearms Enthusiast.
66248244

Raven 25cal in good condition what is best way to judge

Raven 25cal in good condition what is best way to judge value and what is range of prices from a pawn?
Hi my name is Jon. I Will be helping you with your question today. Just to clarify. Are you selling you pistol to a pawn shop?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
contemplating buying two for home security along with 12 gauge shotgun pump.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no extra charges. type response if you will be so knd.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read this:

Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question.

If have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top right above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

Here are the values for the Raven Arms P-25 .25 Auto

Values below are listed by condition. The prices listed are retail prices.

New------------$110

Excellent:------$80

Very Good:-----$55

Good:----------$45

Fair:------------$35

Poor:-----------$25

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if I have answered your question.

If you need appraisals/estimates for anything else, please let me know.

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jon only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first. Please remember to rate this answer.

Sincerely,

Jon

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OPK. Does this item exist new/ By the Raven co it has been around for ages. I asked you to tell me how to judge serviceability.
I will rate you.

Some people just buy a firearm and do not shoot it and leave it in the box. This would be "new". Here is some info on grading the firearm. Is this what you mean by Serviceability??

*EXCELLENT - may show slight use, no easily apparent defects, minimal bluing wear, mainly slight at edges and muzzle, little scratches on wood or metal. Shiny bore. Modern guns = 90-99%, Old guns = 80-99%

*VERY GOOD - Everything works, some wear on finish and working surfaces, minimal or no corrosion, but maybe some light freckling. Could have minor dents and scratches. Bore may not be shiny but should not be dark.
Modern guns = 70-85%, Old guns = 60-70%

*GOOD - Working condition, but finish may be quite worn from sustained use or carry. Wear on working surfaces. Could have some pitting or light corrosion / freckling, and dings or scratches, but they should not interfere with function. May have dark, worn bore. This is the usual condition that surplus guns are graded.
Modern guns = 50-70%, Old guns = 30-60%

*FAIR (or ABOUT GOOD) - Still considered working usually, though minor adjustment may be needed Well-worn finish, perhaps no finish left. May have corrosion or pitting that does not render gun unusable. Bore may be shot smooth and be dark. Wood may have cracks but is usually still usable.
Modern guns = 20-50%, Old guns = 1-30%

POOR - Adjustment or replacements of parts need, may not be functioning. Worn out or rusty, sold for parts or for repair only.