Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I own a smith&wesson model 66 ser# 59758. can yoe give me…

I own a smith&wesson...

I own a smith&wesson model 66 ser# ***** can yoe give me some history and value on ir.mike graves

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Customer:***@******.***

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

I OWN A SMITH&WESSON MODEL 66 SR#59758. CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME HISTORY AND VALUE ON IT.

3/19/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Good evening. Value is easy but can you explain what you mean by history? I want to make sure that I understand your question.
Military or civiliian
Ok, thank you. Let me gather my references and I will do some research on this. I'll get back to you when I know more.

Thank you for your patience.....

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Smith & Wesson

Model/configuration – Model 66 Combat Magnum .357 Mag. , K-frame, satin stainless version of Model 19, has 2 1/2, 3 (disc., only 2,500 mfg.), 4, or 6 (disc.) in. barrel. This gun was made for civilian use.

Serial number - 59758

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $N/A

Mint condition --------98% condition - $650

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $525

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $425

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $375

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $300

Good condition--------------60% condition - $235

.

Add 10% for 2 1/2 in. barrel.

Add $29 for 6 in. barrel (disc.).

Add $48 for TH (target hammer) and TT (target trigger) with 4 (disc. 1991) or 6 in. barrel only (disc. 1999).

.

I hope that this info has been helpful to you! If you don't need anything further, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars located at the top of your Just Answer screen. That will then complete our session.

.

Thanks!

Jim

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2018 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Need anything else?

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor