Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a & wesson 38 S&W special CTG serial # D954452 that…

Customer Question
I have a smith...

I have a smith & wesson 38 S&W special CTG serial # D954452 that is in PRIME shape & like new. It is to heavy for my wife & a little heavy for me also. We are in our 80's. I am thinking of trading it in for a lighter gun. What year was it made & what is it worth?

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

I allready asked the question

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
3/18/2018
Firearms Expert: Jon, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Consultant

Hi, My name is Jon. Give me just a moment to review your question and I will be right back with you in just a moment.

I can tell you that according to your serial number your S&W revolver was made in 1976-1977. When swing out the cylinder of the revolver take a look at the frame of the gun where the cylinder assembly attaches to the frame. There should be a number stamped there. It should have a stamp something like MOD 10 or 10-2 or 14-1 or something like that. Can you please tell me what you see stamped in this area?

Thank you,

Jon