Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a Browning O/U special steel 28 gauge shotgun. Patent…

I have a Browning...

I have a Browning O/U special steel 28 gauge shotgun. Patent #2.***-***-****861. Can you give me additional info please.

Expert's Assistant: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its an older gun that my father gave me. Some engraving work on steel, checkered walnut grip and butt, and gold trigger.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Firearms Appraiser should be aware of?

Excellent condition. No rust.

3/17/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

What model of Browning do you have?

Not sure

OK, can you give me the serial number. That should help.

1082F5

Is that all? I would think there may be more letters/numbers

Thats all. There is no additional letters or numbers.

OK give me a few minutes to research this to see if I can figure out which model you have...

OK, that is going to be a Browning Superposed. I'll need about 5 minutes to type up the values for you...

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning

Model/configuration – Superposed, 28 gauge, Grade 1, Standard Weight

Serial number - 1082F5

Year of manufacture - 1965

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $5,950

Mint condition --------98% condition - $5.525

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $4,675

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $3,825

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $2,925

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $2,500

Good condition--------------60% condition - $2,050

.

Add 20%-25% for guns with round knob, long tang stock variations (pre-1966)

.

.

I hope that this info has been helpful to you! If you don't need anything further, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars located at the top of your Just Answer screen. That will then complete our session.

Thanks!

Jim

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2018 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor