Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I need to talk to an expert on an 1849 Colt pocket pistol. I…

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to an expert on an 1849 Colt pocket pistol. I prefer to call you.

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Have gun price books but I am not sure if the gun auctly sells for that price. Also the gun is hardly used. maybe never been fired and it has a Ivory handle, original colt box from 1849 with an ivory plate where you can lock it and the original bullet mold, precussion caps, powder horn, bullets paperwork. I need to know how much this increases the value of the gun. The gun is perfect except for 2 little pieces of solid gold that is over the barrel and underneath the gun where the loading lever is there is about 5% of the guns gold that has come off. This is why I wanted to call and they said that I could instead of paying you to sit there and wait for me to type all of this and more thank you, Stephen

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

I thought I could call???

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
3/14/2018
Firearms Expert: Jon, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Consultant

Hi Steven,

My name is Jon. I will do my best to help. Do you happen to have a photo of your Colt revolver?

Let me see if I can offer a phone for you.

I have contacted customer service to see if we can get you the phone call request.

I do not understand. sent the message to Tom an hour and a half ago. I asked him many times to get back to me. Are you taking over for him?

I am one of the Firearms Experts here. I don't think Tom is Online right now. I will have him contact you as soon as he gets back if you would like.