Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Just purchased a Daly Miroku. Serial 386096. 12ga u/o.

Just purchased a Charles...

Just purchased a Charles Daly Miroku. Serial 386096. 12ga u/o. Wondering if I can find some info on year of mfg, value, etc.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Says b.c Miroku on the receiver, fixed choke + +-

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?

Has an inch thick recoil pad with a cross cross pattern in the rubber. Gold trigger.

3/13/2018
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree

Can you tell me the grade of the gun? It can be determined by the amount of engraving and grade of wood. Attach a picture of the stock and receiver and I can determine the grade. Use the paperclip icon on the tool bar to attach pictures. What are the barrel lengths?

Tom

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Charles Daly -Miroku Model/configuration – Over/Under Field Grade, engraved, Boxlock action, 26",28", or 30" vent rib barrels, various chokes, ejectors and single selective trigger Finish (Assuming original) – Walnut Stock and forend with blued metal Serial Number – 386096 There is no listing of Charles Daly - Miroku manufacture dates. In 1971, a typhoon almost destroyed the factory. Because of this, all factory records were lost, and these earlier models cannot be researched. Starting in 1969 Miroku used the same dating system as Browning. Your serial number does not have any letters which means it was manufactured before 1969. I would estimate it as 1967 or 68. Additional Information – Charles Daly did not manufacture guns. They are an importer that has firearms produced for them. From 1963 to 1976 they were made in the Japanese Miroku factory Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System – 90% to 95% condition Estimated Value Range – Current value should be between $725 to $825 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes. Tom
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Tom
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree