Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I was at a Gun Show last week-end and I saw a Remington

Hello Pearl Expert's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I was at a Gun Show last week-end and I saw a Remington Field Master Pump Action Model # 121 That accepts .22 Short, .22 Rifle, and .22 Long Rifle. It was selling for $1200.00, and I have one in great shape and I am wondering what drives the value so high? I have my serial numbers also

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

I thought that I covered the pertanent info

3/8/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Hi....great question! Ok, so the answer really depends on which version of the Model 121 you saw, and its condition. A standard 121A was only made in quantities of about 200,000. Then, there were higher grades of 121 made like the Peerless, Expert and Premier models which featured various levels of engraving and upgraded wood. Those guns can command upwards of $7,000 to $10,000 depending upon condition.

If the gun you saw was a 121A, I think $1,200 may be a bit "adventurous" of a price depending upon condition, but some collector may bite if he truly wants that rifle.

Anything else?
Jim

Thank You Mine is a 121 no "A"
It is in great shape, my Grandpa's squirrel rifle.
I can read off the serial numbers if that would help?
I am not a wealthy man, I just wanted to know the value. I can't afford $34 , I am on social security and my pension

Your 121 wont have the A, but that is how its cataloged currently. The older models were just called 121 and then they added the A when they started making other variations....so today we just call it a 121A, but its the same gun as ones marked 121.

Your gun should look like the one in the attached photo. In the condition that you have described, value is going to be about $750 to $850.

Its a pretty rare gun, in that they only made about 200,000 of them. Enjoy that gun! Did you need anything further from me?

No Sir, Thank You! Am I going to be charged each month unless I cancel?

Great! Please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars at the top of your Just Answer screen. That will complete our session.

You should only be charged a one time fee for asking this question, unless you specifically signed up for the monthly service. If you signed up for that and don't want it, just contact customer service and they can assist you with that.

Thanks!
Jim

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor