ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser & expert
30945867

Second opinion] I want to value 2 a5 Browning shotguns 1st

Second opinion] I want to value 2 a5 Browning shotguns 1st H91070, 2nd 70v 67374 both very good condition
JA: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I believe that the 1st on H is a 1956 standard weight and the second one is a 1970 magnum
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't know
Good morning and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the firearms experts here at Just Answer. I'll work on this for you today.

Thank you for your patience....I was unavailable earlier but I have your info now.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning

Model/configuration – Auto-5 shotgun, standard weight

Serial number - H91070

Year of manufacture - 1956

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $1,150

Mint condition --------98% condition - $975

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $800

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $675

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $600

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $550

Good condition--------------60% condition - $500

Values listed are for plain barreled guns. Add $200 to $300 more for solid matte rib barrels, and add $100 to $200 more for ventilated rib barrels.

Subtract 20% for guns with a front safety.

Add 20% for 16 ga. guns

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning

Model/configuration – Auto-5 Magnum shotgun

Serial number - 70V67374

Year of manufacture - 1970

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $1,300

Mint condition --------98% condition - $1,125

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $925

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $850

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $750

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $650

Good condition--------------60% condition - $550.

Add $200 to $225 for guns with a ventilated rib barrel.

Add 60% for 20 ga.

Add 15% for round knob if in (new in box) condition.Subtract 30% for Cutts or Polychoke.

.

.

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.