Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

I have contacted remington to find out the manufacturing…

I have contacted remington...

I have contacted remington to find out the manufacturing date of a rifle my grandfather gave me before he passed in 1973. They researched it found it was mfg in 1954. Can you tell me the value of this rifle? Marlin model 336 serial # l14946 or 14946 .35 remington.

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

Thats all the info I have.

1/17/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. I'll be happy to start working on this for you. I will need some time to do the research, so I'll get back to you when I know more.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok if you need any info let me know

Will do, thank you.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Marlin Firearms

Model/configuration – Model 336A - .35 Rem, caliber

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $550

Mint condition --------98% condition - $475

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $400

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $350

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $315

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $275

Good condition--------------60% condition - $230

Add 10% more for guns made from 1953 to 1962

..

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor