Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a colt 45 revolver it has a hartford conn stamp

I have a colt...

I have a colt 45 revolver it has a hartford conn stamp followed by PATD Aug 51884 June 5 1900 July 41905

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

The bottom has USN <<anchor icon>> 45DA then No. 269

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

The grip is checkered

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Do you happen to have a photo of this gun?

the left side of the barrel has Colt DA 45. The top of the barrel has Colts PT FA MFG CO Hartford CT USA
PATD Aug 51884 June 5 1900July 4 1905and yes i have a picture

OK,can you attach the photo here?

I can see them....stand by one moment please.

Is that gun for sale for $850?

Well I'm glad that you came to us, because they were both wrong!

do you know a value?

Your gun was part of a contract order for the Navy of only 1000 guns; yours being #269 /1000......and yes I can help with value. Give me a few minutes to type it all up.

Now, when I type this up, I'm required to give you the Blue Book value, since your question is in that category. In an auction though, I think your gun could sell for a fair bit more....

ok

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Colt

Model/configuration – New Service Model 1909 Navy Model

Numbered - 269

Year of manufacture - 1909

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $4,000

Mint condition --------98% condition - $3,500

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $2,900

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $2,450

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $1,850

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $1,700

Good condition--------------60% condition - $1,100

Less than good - $525 to $900

.

If you are considering selling this gun, I would highly suggest consigning it to Rock Island Auctions. They are the premier gun auction company and you will have a number of collectors trying to win that auction.

..

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
thank you for your help