Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

My ruger m77 ii 300 win mag stainless was stolen it had a…

Customer Question
My ruger m77 ii...

My ruger m77 ii 300 win mag stainless was stolen it had a new Nikon monarch 4-12 scope and I need a value for the insurance co

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Value on the ruger?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

Am I in a line for value for the ruger

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/10/2018
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 7 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

I can help with this....let me do some research and I'll get back to you when I have all the info.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Sturm, Ruger & Co.

Model/configuration – Model 77R Mark II,.300 Win Mag. caliber

Estimated Value Range –see below.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $480

Mint condition --------98% condition - $395

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $325

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $285

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $245

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $225

Good condition--------------60% condition - $200

.

Nikon monarch 4-12 scope - replacement cost, approximately $400

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Need anything else?
thanks really helpful
Great! Please remember to complete a positive rating at the top of your Just Answer screen with the stars. That will then complete the question.Jim
$34 the original amount was to be $5 ??
I'm just the firearms expert, so I actually don't have any involvement in the charges. I believe that Customer Service can explain any questions that you may have one that.
I know that they run some specials from time to time, so it may be that the question's value is $34 but you are paying $5....like I said Customer Service can explain it better than I can.