Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Value of a 1915 US Remington Springfield Model 1903.

Customer Question
Value of a 1915...

Value of a 1915 US Remington Springfield Model 1903. Pristine condition.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Just given to me by my father. Shot the gun yesterday. Site is true. Has been maintained beautifully.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not at this time. Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
12/31/2017
Firearms Expert: Tom, Associate Degree replied 7 months ago
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree

Is your rifle in original condition or has it been "sporterized"? What is the serial # of the rifle?

Tom

Thanks for waiting Tom. S/N(###) ###-####

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Remington

Model/configuration – 1903-A1 full length walnut stock and handguard

Serial Number –(###) ###-#### manunfactured in 1941

Additional Information – Remington produced approximately 350,000 Model 1903-A1's in 1941

Estimated condition per customer, 70% to 90%

Estimated Value Range – Current value should be between 70% - $1000, 80% - $1200, 90% - $1800

Condition is based on the amount of original finish on metal and wood. Stocks must be unaltered with "crisp and clear cartouches. No scope mount holes in receiver. All matching parts.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

Tom