Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a 5 shot 38 Special handgun with police grips in the…

Customer Question
I have a 5...

I have a 5 shot 38 Special handgun with police grips in the original box never used What is it valued at/

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

It is probably 30 years old and it shoots hollow points

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

It was purchased new in 1990 and never taken out of the original box

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
12/4/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 7 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Can you please tell me the make and model of your gun?

It is a Rossi 38 5 shot handgun
Firearms Expert: Tom, Associate Degree replied 7 months ago
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Rossi Model/configuration – Model 68, 5 shot 38 Special with 2" or 3" barrel Finish (Assuming original) – Blued or Stainless (3" barrel only) with wood or hard rubber grips Serial Number – not given, new in 1990 discontinued in 1998 Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System – New in Box Estimated Value Range – $250 to $275 with box and papers. The last MSRP was $225If gun is Stainless Steel value is approximately $280 to $300 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes. Tom