Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

I have a browning light twelve 12 ga serial #51719. What can

you tell me about this...
I have a browning light twelve 12 ga serial #51719. What can you tell me about this gun, age, where made, its in very good condition,what is a value. Thanks for your time
11/20/2017
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'm one of the firearms experts here. I'm happy to help with your question. Give me some time this morning to gather the info for you, and I respond back when I have everything.

Can you please double check that serial number? Anything before or after it?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no, L on top, 51719 under it,made in belgium

Excellent....the L was what I was looking for. Let me type this all up for you....back shortly

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com...

..

Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning

Model/configuration – Auto-5, Light 12

Serial number - L51719

Year of manufacture -1955

.

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $1,300

Mint condition --------98% condition - $1,125

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $925

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $850

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $750

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $650

Good condition --------------60% condition - $550

.

Add $200 more for guns with a ventilated rib barrel
Add 15% for guns with a round knob if still new, in the box condition.
Add 20% for guns with a reddish stock and forearm configurations, Belgian mfg. pre-1962.
Subtract 30% for Cutts or Polychoke.

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Need anything else?

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor