Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

I have an old and wesson pistol in April 3 1855 and July 5

I have an old smith...
I have an old smith and wesson pistol in April 3 1855 and July 5 1859 no on it is 5739 5 shot my email is***@******.***
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: looking for more information history
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?
Customer: no thats all we have
11/18/2017
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Good morning! Do you have any photos of this revolver that I could see?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Will take a photo and email it to you give me an email to send it to
We do not use email addresses for photos. You can attach the photo directly to the question here. You should see something that says "add files" on your screen.

Thank you for the photos. I'm researching this...

There seems to be a part missing - the cylinder rod - from the front of the gun. Is there a hole there?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The is an indentation what we are looking for is some history

Are you looking for the history of that model,or your gun specifically? The model I can give some general info about. There won't be any source of info for your specific gun.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ON that model but there is no on the butt of the handle is 8739 does that tell us anything

Yes, your gun is a Smith & Wesson, Model No. 1 First Issue Tip-Up, Sixth Type...made between 1859 to 1860. Its missing that rod, so in its present condition, value would be about $750.

Anything else?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
no thanks
Ok, well I hope that my information has been helpful to you. Near the top of your screen you should see an option to rate my service positively. Once you complete that the question will finish out. Thank you for using justanswer. If there's anything else that you need regarding Firearms questions, please don't hesitate to ask for me and I'll be happy to help you in the future.Jim

Hi there! Just checking back - I see that you have not yet completed a positive rating for my earlier work. Was there something else that you needed? If not, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars so that we can remove this question from the queue.

Thanks!
Jim

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor