Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a LC western field shotgun. Model # 149682 I am

Customer Question
I have a LC...

I have a LC Smith western field shotgun. Model # 149682 I am trying to find out the year itwS made and the value.

Expert's Assistant: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has a. Lue steel barrel and. Is in excellent condition

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?

I looked up the model number and it said it was made in 1906 but cannot find that gun in any listing

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
11/12/2017
Firearms Expert: Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist

This model is actually a "western shotgun" made by LC Smith and the grade of shotgun is a "field grade model". These serial number is ***** and you are correct in that this is a 1906 manufacture date and was available in 10, 12, and 16 gauge.

Some LC Smith models are very scarce and valuable but this isn't on of those rare guns that only had a few made that year or in a fine quality grade. Given an excellent condition as you say and without seeing it this would value in the $650 range.

I hope you were able to get the value information I posted. If I have answered your question please rate my service so the question will close.