Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

1957 browning light 12 number G35624 with a poly choke value…

Customer Question
1957 browning light 12 number...
1957 browning light 12 number G35624 with a poly choke value
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
11/12/2017
Firearms Expert: Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist replied 5 months ago
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist

This shotgun was actually made in 1957 and the standard factory range was M22000 to M85000 and the lightweight model range of G23001 to G85000. Browning starting the lettering in 1956, then again in 1957 when yours was made early to mid run, and changed yet again in 1958. This numbering scheme used L and G to indicate lightweight. Your shotgun is an "Auto 5" model. So it is a Browning Auto 5 Lightweight model made in 1957 that appears to be in very good condition from your uploaded photos. Given the model and condition this would place a value in the $675 to $800 range. You will get more from a private party sale and if sold to a dealer you would be looking at the lower end of the range. Occasionally these shotguns sell for strange non-standard prices. This model is a common sale find and so there are lots to make the value range stable. These are great shotguns and will last for many years. I have 2 myself. These are also guns that will increase in value over time with the Browning name and plenty of field proven reliable operation to make them desirable.

what about the choke on the end ,,did that bring the value down any
no im not paying 34 more for a phone call
the question of the choke on the end was in my first question to start with
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist