Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a set of engraved dueling muzzle loader pistols with…

Customer Question
I have a set...

I have a set of engraved dueling muzzle loader pistols with "Blanck in Mainz" engraved on the side. What does "Blanck in Mainz" mean?

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I have a set of engraved dueling pistols with "Blanck in Mainz" on the side. What does "Blanck in Mainz" mean?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

I can send pics if wanted.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
11/12/2017
Firearms Expert: Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang, Firearm Knowledge Specialist

This marking is for E. Dotter Mainz working for the firm of F. Blanck in Würzburg Germany. There are lots of these 2 pistol sets around but not of high value.

I hope you were able to get the value information I posted. If I have answered your question please rate my service so the question will close.