Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

How much and what year is a ruger super Black Hawk in good…

Customer Question
How much and what year...
How much and what year is a ruger super Black Hawk in good condition worth #80-19995
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 8 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Thanks Jim

Working on it now

Do you have the 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 inch barrel?

7.5
44 mag

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

.

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com...

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Ruger

Model/configuration – Super Blackhawk, 7.5 inch barrel, .44mag

Serial number - 80-19995

Year of manufacture - 1970

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability.

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $775

Mint condition --------98% condition - $650

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $525

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $350

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $225

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $185

Good condition --------------60% condition - $175

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

this gun was given to me by my dad. I understand that ruger will put a hammer brake on it for nothing. will Ruger do ballistics on my gun in order to do the job
That I'm not sure about. That would probably be a question better posed to Ruger.
there are 3 stages for the hammers could u tell me what each one is for
Let me check that...
how much and what year is a 38 WCF 1892 made in con oct 14- 1884 no seral number
how much and what year browning 45-70 1 of 3000 model1886 #02148PT697

Are you talking about the full cock, decock, and half-cock stages.....or something new with the modification that you mentioned?

I was wondering if one was some sort of safety. I have been loading 5 rounds so one is not behind the hammer when being carried. Full cock is used to fire the gun, Then half cocked is used to take cylinder out, Decock might be a safety??????? Is half cocked the middle spot

Half cock is the middle. You use it when loading the gun.

Would u use the de cock as a safety and fill the cylinder....did u see my other questions

Half cock is used to load the cylinder. The decock is when the hammer is all the way forward.

I do see where you mentioned other guns above. Just Answer requires that you start a new question for each new gun.

Are we done with the Blackhawk?

can u start with the other questions
well the is a spot where the hammer is out 1/4" from firing pin....sorry one more

Ok,but you'll need to leave a positive rating at the top of your screen with the stars to close this one, and then post the other guns as a new question...one gun per question.

will do but the hammer must have 4 spots full cock, half cock, ?, decock. What is the one after decock for and called

I dont believe that there were 4 spots.

there is one after decock where the hammer is 1/4" from pins

Ok,well I'm not familiar with that....I can opt out to let someone in step in. They may have more info on that model.

no can we muve on to the othe questions

If you would like to have other questions answered, I'm happy to do that but they need to be posted separately as new questions.