Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Xi have some rifles I would like the blue value for. Savage…

Customer Question
Xi have some rifles...

Xi have some rifles I would like the blue value for

Expert's Assistant: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Savage model #99 308 lever action with c

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?

Scope

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 11 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Is the gun marked just Model 99? Any letter after the 99? What is the serial number?

308 win I045502 serial #

What is the barrel length on this gun?

21 inches

Could I see a photo of this gun please? Also, can you double check that serial number?

Do you have one photo of the entire gun? I'm looking to identify certain features.

Thank you again for this photo.....working on it.

Can you double check the barrel length on your gun for me? I need that info to figure out which version you have.

21 inches

Thank you for your patience....as you may be aware, the experts here answer questions in our spare time. Unfortunately, my spare time has been very little as of late, so I appreciate you being patient....

.
Here is the info you requested....

.

Answer:

.

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com...

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Savage

Model/configuration – Model 99F, .308 Win

Serial number -(###) ###-####/p>

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability.

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $750

Mint condition --------98% condition - $655

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $565

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $510

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $415

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $340

Good condition --------------60% condition - $265

.

Add 15% more for .308 Win. cal.

.

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.