Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

I bought a Remington Model 12a 22. I don't see a number on

Customer Question
I bought a Remington Model...
I bought a Remington Model 12a 22. I don't see a number on the side of the barrel. but do have the serial number on the bottom of the rifle. Would like to know when it was made?
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: It has RW 432494 number on the bottom of the reciever
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?
Customer: everything else is just the patent numbers on the barrel.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
9/17/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 2 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

What I'll need you to do is check the left side of the barrel for a 2-3 letter code.

It should be just in front of the receiver.

I do not have any letter code on the side of the barrel.

Ok, if there is no letter code, then the closest we can get to a manufacture year would be to give you a range,since the serial numbers don't actually correspond to manufacture dates.....

The range would be 1909 to 1921.

After 1921, the model 12 used the 2 letter codes on the barrel

thanks

I hope that this has been helpful! If you have no other questions about this gun, please remember to complete a positive rating at the top of your screen with the stars.

That positive rating will close out the question.

Thanks! Have a great night!

Jim

Did you need anything further?

Are you still with me?

Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 1 month ago

Good morning! I see that this question is still open on my list and that you have not yet completed a positive rating (with the stars, near the top). When you complete that positive rating for my work, the question will then close....or did you need some other info first?

​Jim

ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor