ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser & expert
30945867

Winchester 1873 32/20 serial #624511B, how much is it worth,

Customer Question

Winchester 1873 32/20 serial #624511B
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: how much is it worth
JA: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: it is in really goodshape
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Can you please tell me what the barrel length is on your rifle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
24

ok great. Let me do some research on this.....

Typing everything up now....be back momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no calls or tex either answer or just stop

Ok, you must be referring to some system generated messages that I'm not seeing on my end. No worries, I'll have this done shortly....

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com..
.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Winchester

Model/configuration – Model 1873 Rifle, Third Model

Serial number - 624511B

Year of manufacture -1909

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability.

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $N/A

Mint condition --------98% condition - $N/A

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $7,500

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $6,300

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $5,500

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $4,500

Good condition --------------60% condition - $3,750

Less than good - $800 to $3,250

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Need anything else on this?

Good morning! I see that this question is still open on my list and that you have not yet completed a positive rating (with the stars, near the top). When you complete that positive rating for my work, the question will then close....or did you need some other info first?

Jim