Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have an Ansley H Fox double gun (s/n 2337). the are market…

Customer Question
I have an Ansley...

I have an Ansley H Fox double gun (s/n 2337). the barrels are market A.H. Fox Gun Co. Phila Pa. Do you have any reference material you could direct me toward that would provide additional information on this gun?

Expert's Assistant: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?

Not really, the gun is in great condition with spotless bores. I just thought some additional information would add to its ownership.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
9/11/2017
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 11 months ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree

Thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** am reviewing your question and will provide an answer or a request for more information shortly.

1. Are you sure of that serial number?

2. If you take the barrels off the gun and look at the part of the frame that was covered by the barrels (called the "watertable"), what markings do you see?