Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I have inherited a S&W .38 SPECIAL CTG Serial Number B211849

Customer Question

I have inherited a S&W .38 SPECIAL CTG Serial Number B211849 and curious about ship date/Mfg date
JA: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: Its a S&W .38 Special CTG, 4" barrel Serial Number B211849
JA: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: Nothing else, looking for the ship/mfg date
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Do you know what specific model of Smith & Wesson you have there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not know the model. Only know what is stamped on the handgun. 38 SPECIAL CTG and the serial number on the underside of the barrel is B211849. Im sure my grandfather bought it used in 1949.

Ok, I see that you have requested a phone call. I need to get some additional info from you before I can call. Do you have a photo of the gun, and can you tell me everything that is written on the gun's barrel as far as patent date info?