Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I am trying to help my cousin in Cincinnati oh to evaluate

Customer Question

I am trying to help my cousin in Cincinnati oh to evaluate her late husband's gun collection. He has L C smith, Remmington modle 94, and others. could you provide ballpark values for guns?
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to get an estimated value for several guns, two to start with
JA: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: gun 1 L C smith double barres 12 Ga, probable 60's single trigger, no corrosion in barrels or on gun
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm a firearms expert here at Just Answer. I'm happy to help you. Now I will say that we usually do one gun per question, and I'll need specific model numbers, serial numbers, etc. in order to give you appraisal values for the firearms. Would you like to proceed with one gun in particular to start with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
took me awhile to get online. gurn 1. L L Smith double barrel 12 ga. single trigger, older than 60's no corrosion anwhere, cannot find serial number or modle #. all I can find is " L C Smith."

OK, now on an LC Smith, I'll need for you to remove the barrels and tell me what you see stamped on the water table (the flat part that the barrels rest on).

You should see something like in this photo

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Guns are located at my cousin's house approx 50 mi from here. will have to drive out there and get info. have to get back to you in a couple of day's.

Ok, no problem. Just reply back here when you have the info...