Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

Estimate worth of a gun, Gun is a US Remington Model 03-A3,

Estimate worth of a gun JA...
Estimate worth of a gun
JA: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Gun is a US Remington Model 03-A3, Serial #(###) ###-####
JA: Is there anything else the Firearms Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: In good shape - embedded in it is RA then what looks like a cross inside a circle then a box that has FJA in it.
8/23/2017
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

I can certainly help! Let me gather my resources and I shall return.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com..
.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Springfield Armory (Remington)

Model/configuration – Model 1903-A3
Serial number -(###) ###-####/p>

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability.

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $1,250

Mint condition --------98% condition - $800

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $700

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $500

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $400

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - 330

Good condition --------------60% condition - $300

..

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Pricing is what I guessed and only had to wait about 20 minutes for the answer. Very appreciative.

Its been my pleasure! I would have had the answer to you sooner but I had a computer issue and had to restart my system.

Thanks!
Jim

ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor