Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

Looking for the value of: I am look for the value of:

Customer Question

looking for the value of:
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I am look for the value of: Western Auto Supply Co. U.S.A. H.S.160 Revelation Model 420 20Ga
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?
Customer: it is a semi auto with a switch for high and low brass and I think it was mfg'ed by Hi Standard
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** am reviewing your question and will provide an answer or a request for more information shortly.

You are correct about High Standard being the actual maker. I am writing your appraisal now. Back shortly.

August 2, 2017

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – High Standard (made for Western Auto Revelation series)

Model/configuration – Model Supermatic Deluxe Model C-2011 semi-automatic shotgun, 20 ga., with 26, 27, 28, or 30 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Additional Information – 3 in. chambers, gas operated, checkered pistol grip, walnut stock and forearm, 4 shot mag., recoil pad (new 1966). Mfg. 1966-1974. If your gun has no serial number, it was made between 1966 and 1968.

Value Range - includes premium for 20 gauge - (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $300
98% - $270
95% - $225
90% - $195
80% - $165
70% - $155
60% - $145

NOTE: Add $20 for ventilated rib version.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2017 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Did you have any other questions about that shotgun? If not, to close the question out, please rate my answer - thanks!