Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I have .308 cetme rifle, with claw scope mount, it moves

Customer Question

mark **** ********@*****.***. i have .308 cetme rifle, with claw scope mount, it moves from recoil when fired. will the weaver style hold zero better? ive read you must remove the recoil stop block to stop this .im disabled and must sell many of my rifles,as i dont hunt anymore. just paper. please if you can advise my the best thing to fix this problem,i under stand if you cant. if you can give me acost of thank you JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)? Customer: i think gogle JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser? Customer: web browser JA: What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: just looking on the web JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you? Customer: nothing thanks

Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.

Hi Mark,

I would use the low profile Weaver style mount from UTG. It is available for $19 from the Country Shed, part # MNT-P669

The following link will take you to the correct page.

http://www.thecountryshed.com/hk_&_cetme_mounts.htm

When installing it use blue Loc-Tite on all screws, it will prevent them from loosening. Also make sure the screws are as tight as possible and the scope and mount will not move.

Tom