Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I have a old colt police postive 32 da s / n #62709how old

Customer Question

i have a old colt police postive 32 da s / n #62709how old an what type of ammo is used?
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: was wondering how old an what type of ammo is used for it
JA: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Tom replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Colt

Model/configuration –Police Positive, First Issue, barrel lengths are 2.5", 4", 5" or 6".

Finish (Assuming original) –Finish can be blued or nickel with hard rubber grips

Serial Number –62709 manufactured in 1909

Additional Information – Chambered for .32 Colt, .32 New Police, .38 New Police, or .38 S&W

The barrel should be marked 32 Long Colt or 32 New Police which is the 32 S&W Long. There are slight differences in the the case size. Bullet diameters are the same. The 32 S&W Short will also chamber, but can cause problems when trying to use the 32 Long after using the 32 Short. A carbon build up willmake chambering and extraction hard until it is completely removed.

There are links at the end of this to information on both cartridges

Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System – Not given

Estimated Value Range – % is the amount of original finish and mechanical condition Add 15% for nickel finish, subtract $75 for chipped or cracked grips

90%-$450

80%-$375

70%-$300

60%-$275

50%-$250

40%-225

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

Tom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_Long_Colt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_S%26W_Long

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks great info was just curious /// wolfsangel99
Expert:  Tom replied 11 months ago.

You're Welcome! Glad I could Help

Tom