Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I have a 12 gauge sxs with Pine Ridge Indian Agency stamped

I have a 12 gauge sxs with Pine Ridge Indian Agency stamped on the buttstock and U.S. Indian Police stamped below that and U.S. stamped in a diamond below that. Does this add to the value of a common field grade H. Pieper damascus steel shotgun? On the other side of the buttstock is a brass plate with some of the same info and the date 1889.

Your shotgun, unlike the fake guns marked Wells Fargo is worth quite a lot. The last 2 auctions that I found with "Pine Ridge Indian Agency" were from 2014. One sold for $1900 and the other sold for $2050.

Your gun should have a value of $2000 to $2200.

Henri Pieper made and designed many different guns. The following link will take you to information about him and some of the guns he produced.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20p/a%20pieper%20henri%20gb.htm

Tom

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions