Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

Mod 1892 38/40 win s/n476938 24 inch barrel value, gun is

Customer Question
mod 1892 38/40 win s/n476938...
mod 1892 38/40 win s/n476938 24 inch barrel value
JA: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: gun is very good cond have 2 bxs of bullets and idel mfg reloading tool with nipple
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: approx value
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gunsmith about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2016
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 1 year ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Good afternoon.....give me a few minutes to gather the info for you and I will return shortly. - Jim

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
.
Answer:
.
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com..
.

Manufacturer - Winchester
Model - Model 1892

Serial number - 476938

Year - 1909

Estimated Value Range –see below..

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability. Values are in US Dollars..

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $N/A
Mint condition --------98% condition - $N/A
Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $3,750
Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $3,000
Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $2,350
Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $1,850
Good condition --------------60% condition - $1,475
Less than good - $500 to $1,150

.

Add 25% for guns in .38-40 WCF cal.
Add 25% for Takedown Model that can be taken apart for storage.
The ammo and reloading tool will have some value, but really won't add an incredible amount to the gun...maybe $25-$50 or so.
.

.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Did you need anything else?

ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor