Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a Winchester 101 Diamond Grade Trap Combo s/n

Customer Question

I have a Winchester 101 Diamond Grade Trap Combo s/n DG550743E. Do you know when the manufacture date was and an approximate value of this
12ga 30"double/34" single trap gun?
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

May 25, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Winchester

Model/configuration – Model 101 Diamond Grade Trap Combo over/under shotgun, 12 ga., with 30 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number – DG550743E mfg. circa early to mid 1980s. They were first introduced in 1982, so the 1962 date is not possible. Plus the serial number has too many digits to have been made in 1962.

Additional Information – includes a set of 30 or 32 in. vent. O/U barrels and a 32 or 34 in. high ribbed unsingle (lower) barrel, standard or Monte Carlo stock, approx. 9 lbs. Disc. 1987.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $2,950
98% - $2,600
95% - $2,325
90% - $1,975
80% - $1,800
70% - $1,600
60% - $1,400

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it using the button provided. That will close out the question and will also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions