Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

Philip I have a model 1890 in 20 2WRF that has a serial

Customer Question

Hi Philip I have a model 1890 in 20 2WRF that has a serial number 437643 I was just wondering what the value might be. I also have an octagon barrel model 90 in 22 Long rifle with the serial number 783293 and was wondering the same about that particular gun. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Here's the info on the Model 1890. The values for the Model 90 are 50% higher than those values because it is chambered in .22 LR, of which only 10% of the guns were so chambered! Your Model 90 was made circa 1932.

January 14, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark –Winchester

Model/configuration – Model 1890 Third Model lever-action rifle, .22 WRF cal., with 24 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number – 437643 mfg. circa 1911. Calibers are non-interchangeable (don´t shoot a .22 S in a gun chambered for .22 L) and the barrel is marked for single cal. only, visible hammer, solid-frame (first 15,000) or takedown, 24 in. octagonal barrel, case hardened receivers until 1901, model nomenclature changed to Model 90 circa 1919 at approx. ser. no. range 640,000. Approx. 849,000 mfg. between 1890-1932.

Additional Information – most commonly encountered Model 1890, post-1901 manufacture.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $--
98% - $3,000
95% - $2,000
90% - $1,250
80% - $825
70% - $650
60% - $550
50% - $450
40% - $385
30% - $335
20% - $300
10% - $250

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Did you receive my answer on your Model 1890 and 90?

Philip