Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

Ijust bought a springfield 1911 markednmc ser. num. 11443 in

Customer Question
ss finish what do i...
Ijust bought a springfield 1911 markednmc ser. num. 11443 in ss finish what do i have ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
1/6/2016
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 2 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Back in a few minutes.

Was the serial number prefix "nmc" or was the "nmc" marked elsewhere on the gun?

Can you attach some photos of the gun?

phillp,the springfied pistol only one mark beingnmc11443 and it has a 2 and one half cmpensaed at the end the barrel is 2 andone half
it has three dot sights 7 shot mag sorry no photos help alex rutkowski
it says compact on the other side of the slide

Ok - I've got step out for about 20 minutes or so. I'll pick this up when I get back.

Is that a two-tone finish? Or is the entire gun stainless? How long is the barrel?

the barrel is 2 and one half inches all ss

The smallest 1911 from Springfield Armory has a 3-1/2 barrel. Are you sure it is 2-1/2? To measure, close the action and drop a rod down the barrel. Measure the length of the rod from the muzzle.

its 2 and one half barrel

OK - let me check another source.

I'd love to see a photo. I'm not finding anything with a 2-1/2 inch barrel for a 1911. I'm going to opt out and let another expert try his hand at this. Someone should respond here shortly.

Philip

Firearms Expert: Tom, Associate Degree replied 2 years ago
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree

Does the slide on your 1911 have slots cut in the end for a ported barrel?

Tom

Just to be sure, when you are measuring the barrel you are including the chamber and the ported area?

Tom

tom, 3 and one quarter inch total in barrel no slots it appears its could be from the late 88s?it is one good looking pistol buffed ss slide three dot sites best of luck Ihave tried everybody ALEX RUTKOWSKI

Hi Alex,

It sounds like a 1911 Ultra Compact Stainless. It is similar to the following one on GunBroker. Grips will be different and this is a High Capacity. Yours should have a 6 round mag.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=535489212

Tom

The above link in blue should be your gun, let me know.

Tom

tom ,7 round mag. nothing on gun broker is like mine we are on the wrong tract ALEX

Did you look at the second gun I sent, the Ultra Compact 1911A1 stainless custom? I really need a picture to determine which model you have.

If it is a stainless 1911 it should look like the ultra compact shown, all 1911's have the same shape, grips can be different and barrel lengths are usually 3", 4 1/4" and 5".

Tom

i did not receive any photos how about a refund.alex Rutkowski
did you forget me sounds llike it alexRutkowski

I am not at my computer all day, I am a gunsmith and have repair work too.

The blue link under my last reply is a picture of the gun, it is showing on my page, you should see it too.

I really need a picture of your gun to tell you what it is. It is easy to attach one, use the paper clip icon. You can also email it to JustAnswer.com and ask that it be forwarded to me

bc877bda-ab3a-43d9-9fc1-c59b494ee552_SpringfieldArmoryPSA1911A1Model1911AUltraCompactStainlessCustom

Tom

Tom
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree