Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

Connect one-on-one with a verified firearms expert who will answer your question

Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree

More related answers
All firearms experts are VERIFIED
I have a beautiful Mossberg rifle my Dad gave to me. It was
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
I have a beautiful Mossberg rifle my Dad gave to me. It was a gift for my10th birthday. I will be 60 in December. The rifle was new when I received it. So that would make it 40 years old. I recently d… read more
i have a custom made rifle that was passed down from my father.
Jon
Jon, Consultant
i have a custom made rifle that was passed down from my father. 222 cal matched barrel and action ser #'s. sako-N: o 19060. the stock was made from a known stock maker in perrysburg oh. striking curly… read more
I have inherited a rifle that I want to get appraised, but
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
I have inherited a rifle that I want to get appraised, but there is no model number. The only stamps on the rifle are brand (Winchester), caliber (25-06), and serial number (376174). It has a walnut s… read more
Trying to get appraisal on my late fathers rifle. Mossberg
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Trying to get appraisal on my late fathers rifle. Mossberg 5-130 or S-130, 22 cal lr,holds 15 rds loads in the side of stock and fires semi auto. Has a manlicker hold under the barrell, I cant say how… read more
I have Winchester 1886 model repeating rifle my dad left me
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
I have Winchester 1886 model repeating rifle my dad left me serial #140459. What's its worth good condition… read more
I was wondering the value of my rifles, shotguns and hand
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
I was wondering the value of my rifles, shotguns and hand guns … read more
I have a Colt 45 SSA I got from my dad about 55 years ago.I
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
HI, I have a Colt 45 SSA I got from my dad about 55 years ago.I am going to hand it down to my son when I pass. A friend of mine said it might be better to sell it and give him the $ as he thinks it i… read more
I was just looking at my Dad's rifle when he was a boy. It
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
I was just looking at my Dad's rifle when he was a boy. It is a Remington Model 24 Serial #134300 and I used it when I was a kid. The butt of the gun has UMC. I was looking for what year it was made R… read more
I want history of a gun handed down to my by my brother. I
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
I want history of a gun handed down to my by my brother. I remember him telling me that it was one of 12 proto types made for the Lincoln State police in Rhode Island. it is a Smith & Wesson model 520… read more
Hello-My husband has a very old rifle he got from his dad when
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Hello-My husband has a very old rifle he got from his dad when he passed but has no info on it so I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on it.His father was in the service (Navy) but we don… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
I have an old rifle that has been in my Dad's family since
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
I have an old rifle that has been in my Dad's family since the Civil War (fair to poor condition) that has Joseph Golcher on the trigger guard?! I am thinking about selling this and wondering what it … read more
I have a Civil War era Musket Rifle that I inherited from my
Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
I have a Civil War era Musket Rifle that I inherited from my dad. I'm not interested in selling it. I just want to know a value range for insurance purposes. I've done a lot of research on it. Tower 1… read more
I have a Sharps Borchardt rifle handed down thru the family
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
I have a Sharps Borchardt rifle handed down thru the family and I am trying to find out the what the history, year, value etc. might be. I may be interested in selling it - not sure. I am not very kno… read more
I Have a German Luger my dad brought back from the war. On
Jon
Jon, Consultant
I Have a German Luger my dad brought back from the war. On the back of the holster is stamped bdq.41 Under that is stamped W8A170. And under that to the left is a "W" The serial number is XXXXX It's a… read more
I have a 9mm German luger that my Dad removed from a fallen
Jon
Jon, Consultant
I have a 9mm German luger that my Dad removed from a fallen officer during WWII. It is in VERY good condition. As far as I know, it has only been fired once since. Markings indicate that it is an S/42… read more
I need an appraisal on My Japanese WW 2 Arasaki rifle / mum.
Jon
Jon, Consultant
I need an appraisal on My Japanese WW 2 Arasaki rifle / mum. I'm not sure of the model#. It's a 6.5mm.I have pictures.… read more
I own a antique rifle inherited from my Father. He has been
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
I own a antique wood rifle inherited from my Father. He has been long deceased. This rifle remained in a old gun case for several decades. I also, found some extremely small bullets. The leather strap… read more