Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions
I have an S & W 38 special CTG. I want to replace the grips
I have an S & W 38 special CTG. I want to replace the grips but I can't find the model number. … read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
I have a Colt .38 Detective Special with the original box
I have a Colt .38 Detective Special with the original box and original receipt. It has never been shot. Could you please tell me how much it is worth?… read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
I have a 1974 S&W Model 49, blue with stag grips. Lightly
I have a 1974 S&W Model 49, blue with stag grips. Lightly used, but no original box or paperwork. What's a good range for selling this weapon? … read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
I have a S&W nickel plated 38 spl ctg. The cylinder serial
I have a S&W nickel plated 38 spl ctg. The cylinder serial number 29011 and the bottom of grip is 4734XX, on the top of the barrel the dates are Feb 6 06, Sep 14 09 and Dec 29 14. I was wondering if y… read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
I have a old colt military 38 special single action trying
I have a old colt military 38 special single action trying to dind history on it … read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
I want to find out how lold my pistol is? It is a S&W 38 cal
I want to find out how lold my pistol is? It is a S&W 38 cal SN 715928. … read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
I have a Colt Detective Special .38 caliber with a 2 inch
I have a Colt Detective Special .38 caliber with a 2 inch barrel and a bobbed hammer, black finish. rubber grips, serial number P41166. I contacted Colt and they had no record of this gun. I would lik… read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
What is a S&W 38 SPECIAL REVOLVER 6 SHOT WITH 5 IN BARREL
what is a S&W 38 SPECIAL REVOLVER 6 SHOT WITH 5 IN BARREL WORTH ON THE MARKET TODAY … read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
I have an old S&W 39 Spc CTG with serial nbr B334931 under
I have an old S&W 39 Spc CTG with serial nbr B334931 under the barrel and another serial number 23547 on the bottom of the hand grip. The left side of the barrel has "Smith & Wesson" stamped on it and… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
I have a S&W model 36 With serial #31493 W.2 stamped below
I have a S&W model 36 With serial #31493 W.2 stamped below it.Serial # 439647 stamped on bottom of grip.3 inch barrel blue.Tell me all about it.… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have a 38 special with K frame with a 5" barrel and a very
I have a 38 special with K frame with a 5" barrel and a very different set of hand grips and A 357 with a 8" barrel… read more
ProShooter
ProShooter
Firearms Instructor
Various law enforcement academies
Phil, three years ago I asked the value of my S&w 5" barrel
Hi Phil, three years ago I asked the value of my S&w 5" barrel 38 revolver.K114340. Police spec. What year made, today's value and is this a good target shooting gun? Also I gave aS&w 6" 22 revolver K… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I am trying to find out how old this hand gun is. It is a
I am trying to find out how old this hand gun is. It is a S&W 38 special ctg with serial # *****… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have a smith and wesson 38 CTG K88700 on frame in front of
I have a smith and wesson 38 CTG K88700 on frame in front of the barrel and a 71225 on the bottom of the handle can tell me what I have here. Thx Ron… read more
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
I have an old H&R Top Break revolver where ".32 S&W CTGE.
I have an old H&R Top Break revolver where ".32 S&W CTGE." is engraved on the RIGHT side of the 4-inch barrel. On the LEFT side of the barrel is engraved "H&R 'AUTOMATIC'" in Italics. On the barrel to… read more
Dr. Bang
Dr. Bang
Firearm Knowledge Specialist
I have a smith and Wesson .38 special CTG revolver. It has
I have a smith and Wesson .38 special CTG revolver. It has engraving over the entire surface of the revolver. It is a double action. It has ivory grips with a serpentine dragon engraved on both grips.… read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith
sir, I have a Smith & Wesson 6 shot revolver. It has an approx.
sir, I have a Smith & Wesson 6 shot revolver. It has an approx. 6 1/8 inch barrel and is double action. One side of the barrel says "Smith & Wesson" and the other side says "38 S.&W. Special Ctg". I a… read more
Tom
Tom
Law Enforcement Armorer
I have a 38 S & W special ctg was told it was my grandfathers
I have a 38 S & W special ctg was told it was my grandfathers army issue, on the butt of the handle is what I am guessing is the serial # XXXXX On the barrel is the production info and the patent #s s… read more
Bill
Bill
Gunsmith