Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals, Ask an Expert

Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

58 cal. 3 band Maynard tape Harpers ferry

Customer Question
.58 cal. 3 band Maynard...
.58 cal. 3 band Maynard tape Harpers ferry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
7/17/2015
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 2 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.How long is the barrel - 40 inches or 33 inches? What other markings are on the gun?
40 inches there's a 38 on top of the butt , harpers ferry I don't remember the others Gun is at Zettlemoyers auction sale scheduled for August Value???
Thanks, ***** *****
July 17, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Harpers Ferry Armory Model/configuration – Model M1855 Rifle-Musket, .58 cal., with 40 inch bbl., and blue finish. Mfg. circa 1858. Additional Information – Eagle on Maynard primer door, "US/HARPERS FERRY" in front of the hammer, made from 1855 through 1860. The Blue Book does not list this particular gun. Value Range from the 7th Edition of the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms: Excellent: $--Very Good: $3,500Good: $2,250Fair: $1,200Poor: $700 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
Checking to see if you got my answer on the Harpers Ferry rifle...
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree