Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I'm looking at a 92 win short rifle 20" barrel made 1913 haven't…

Customer Question
i'm looking at a 92...
i'm looking at a 92 win short rifle 20" barrel made 1913 haven't got pics. yet, But is supposed to be in good condition. What's the story on these guns I.E. number produced, value etc.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
6/21/2015
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 3 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Thank you for using Blue Book, Just Answer and Pearl.com!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you. That should be a carbine and not a short rifle configuration. Per Blue Book, "A short rifle configuration was available in this model with special order barrels under 16 inches." June 21, 2015Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Winchester Model/configuration – Model 1892 Carbine, .25-20 WCF, .32-20 WCF, .38-40 WCF, or .44-40 WCF cal., with 20 inch bbl., and blue finish. Mfg. circa 1913 per customer. Additional Information – 2 barrel bands, and saddle ring, except one barrel band and one rifle style mag. tube retainer on cals. .25-20 WCF and .32-20 WCF. Approx. 1,000,000 mfg. between 1892-1941 (rifles and carbines combined). Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $--98% - $--95% - $5,40090% - $4,47580% - $3,45070% - $2,65060% - $2,17550% - $1,57540% - $1,15030% - $1,00020% - $82510% - $725 NOTE: Add 50% for .44-40 WCF cal. or 25% for .38-40 WCF cal. I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.