Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

What is the value of a1909 calibre25 colt. Thge sn is 34901…

Customer Question
what is the value of...
what is the value of a1909 calibre25 colt.
Thge sn is 34901
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
6/18/2015
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 3 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Thank you for using Blue Book, Just Answer and Pearl.com!
My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.
June 17, 2015
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com
Manufacturer/Trademark – Colt
Model/configuration – Vest Pocket Model 1908-Hammerless, .25 ACP cal., with 2 inch bbl., and blue or nickel finish.
Serial Number – 34901 mfg. circa 1925.
Additional Information – fixed sights, checkered hard rubber grips on early models, walnut on later, 6 shot mag., magazine disconnect added on guns made after 1916. Mfg. 1908-1946.
Value Range - blue finish - (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):
100% - $850
98% - $750
95% - $600
90% - $500
80% - $425
70% - $350
60% - $275
Value Range - nickel finish - (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):
100% - $1,200
98% - $1,000
95% - $850
90% - $650
80% - $550
70% - $450
60% - $375
NOTES:
* Add 50% to all the above values for factory pearl grips
* Add 50% for New in the Box condition if finish is 95% or better only
I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.
For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com
Sincerely,
Philip
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.
The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.
The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.
All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.