Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a Savage 110, 30 odd six with a scope and carrying case…

Customer Question
I have a Savage 110...
I have a Savage 110, 30 odd six with a scope and carrying case that has never been fired/ I also have a Smith and Wesson 308 Mountaineer with a scope and carrying case that has been fired three times.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
how much is it worth?
How much are they worth?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2015
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 3 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Thank you for using Blue Book and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you. I need to figure out which configuration of the Model 110 that you have.1. What markings do you see on that gun?2. Did the gun come with a scope?3. Does the gun have iron sights, too?4. What kind of stock does it have (synthetic, Monte Carlo, etc.) and, if not wood, what color?5. What brand and model of scope? 6. On the Smith & Wesson, What brand and model of scope?
Had to leave house. Can't get all info in 2 minutes. Scope came with the rifles and the stock is wood on both rifles. I understand that both rifles have been discontinued and are collectors items. The Savage is theTrapedor and was manufactured by the Springfield Armory.
Both guns have Bushnell Scopes. Have no iron sights. I also have Rugger 477, 7mm with a Bushnell scope and iron sights manufactured in Connecticut..
The stock on the Savage seems to be synthetic and is brown. Stocks on the other rifles are wood.
Here's the appraisal on the S&W. Savage coming up shortly. June 13, 2015Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.comManufacturer/Trademark – Smith & WessonModel/configuration – Model 1500 Mountaineer bolt action rifle, .308 Win. cal., with 22 inch bbl., and blue finish.Finish (Assuming original) – 98%-99% per customerAdditional Information – 5 or 6 shot mag., no sights, walnut stock, approx. 7 lbs. 10 oz. Imported 1983-1984.Estimated Value Range – Current value should be between $350 and $375. Add $150-$175 for the scope.I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
And here is the other gun: June 13, 2015Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.comManufacturer/Trademark – SavageModel/configuration – Model 110-GXP3 Package bolt action rifle, .30-06 Win. cal., with 22 or 24 inch bbl., and blue finish.Finish (Assuming original) – 100% per customerAdditional Information – long action, similar to Model 110-G, except has no sights, includes 3-9x32 scope, rings, bases, QD swivels, and deluxe rifle sling, includes integral Weaver type scope bases. Mfg. 1989-2011.Estimated Value Range – Current value should be $525.I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.