Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

Bill, I have a chance to buy Browning Power in Perfect

Customer Question
Hi Bill, I have a...
Hi Bill, I have a chance to buy Browning Hi Power in Perfect condition Serial Number 245nv56826 with ambi safety and night sights. Any Idea what it's worth?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
5/30/2015
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree replied 3 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Thank you for using Blue Book and Just Answer!Bill must have stepped away for a little while.My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you. May 29, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning Model/configuration – Model Hi-Power Standard Polished Blue Finish Post 1954, 9mm Para. cal., with 4-5/8 inch bbl., and blue finish. Serial Number – 245nv56826 mfg. circa 1995. Additional Information – single-action, similar to FN Model 1935, has BAC slide marking, 10 (C/B 1994) or 13* shot mag., checkered walnut grips, fixed sights, molded grips were introduced in 1986 (disc. in 2000), ambidextrous safety was added to all models in 1989, approx. 32 oz., mfg. by FN in Belgium, imported 1954-2000. Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $87598% - $70095% - $55090% - $47580% - $42570% - $35060% - $325 NOTE: Add $80 to $100 for the night sights. I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.