Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals

For Blue Book of Guns firearms appraisals, ask an Expert

I have a REPUBLIC OF TEXAS 1816 Musket by Tryon, Philadelphia.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a REPUBLIC OF...
I have a REPUBLIC OF TEXAS 1816 Musket by Tryon, Philadelphia. It was my dads and is one that was converted from flintlock to percussion. My brother thinks there is a ball stuck in it but with a gun so old we do not want to try and get it out or fire it by any means. It has not been restored or worked on by us. My dad never did anything with it after bringing it home from Texas in the 40's. Could you give me an indication of what it might be worth?
Thank you,
Keitha
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Answered in 1 day by:
5/25/2015
Firearms Expert: Jon, Consultant replied 3 years ago
Jon
Jon, Consultant
Hi Keitha,
Thank you for the question. I will do my best to help.
-
I just have a few questions for you that will help me answer your question.
-
1. Can you please tell me the caliber?
2. Can you please tell me the serial number?
3. Can you please tell me the barrel length?
4. Can you please describe any and all words, letters, numbers and symbols that are stamped on the gun?
5. Do you have any pictures of your gun?
-
I look forward to hearing from you.
-
Thank you,
Jon (Tritac1911)
The caliber is 69
Serial number I do not find one not sure where it would be or if it is wore off.
Barrel length is 42" overall length of gun 57.5"
A star with the word Texas under it under the percussion cap area. T or P over a GF
I took several pics
I hope this helps.
DSC01495 (800x270).jpgDSC0149...jpgDSC01496 (800x138).jpgDSC0149...jpgDSC01497 (800x358).jpgDSC0149...jpgDSC01498 (800x235).jpgDSC0149...jpgDSC01499 (800x248).jpgDSC0149...jpgDSC01500 (800x576).jpgDSC0150...jpg
Let me do a little research and see what I can come up with.