Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a m1 carbine that had a serial # ***** inland stamped

Customer Question

I have a m1 carbine that had a serial # ***** inland stamped on the barrel 8- 42
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Blue Book and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.1. Is the rear sight adjustable or flip up?2. Is there a bayonet lug?3. Has the gun been reworked at an arsenal or is it in the original condition? Philip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Adjustable sight. yes on the lug not sure if it's been reworked was left to me and I need to make some room in my gun safe
OK - I'll give you the appraisal both ways. April 29, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Inland Model/configuration – Model M1 Carbine Type III, .30 Carbine cal., with 18 inch bbl., and blue finish. Serial Number – 60982 mfg. circa 1942. Additional Information – 15 or 30 shot box mag., wood stocked, blade front sight with protective ears, with or without bayonet lug. This weapon was designed by Winchester for the U.S. government, over 6 million were produced by 12 different companies. Plainfield mfg. after WWII was for civilian sales. It is a gas operated lightweight carbine which was also used by other countries' armed forces. Value Range - original - (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $1,70098% - $1,35095% - $1,00090% - $80080% - $70070% - $60060% - $550 NOTES: * Subtract 30% for original finish guns that have been changed back to the original configuration by switching parts.* Subtract 50% for modified guns with adj. sight and bayonet lug.----Value Range - reworked in a U.S. arsenal - (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $85098% - $67595% - $49590% - $41580% - $37070% - $32560% - $295 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2012 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.